It is nearing the end of September as I write this and the last of the summer markets just ended which means that now it is time to start preparing for the Christmas markets.
This year I have committed to more shows than in past years as well as getting into more established shows so it is looking to be a very busy season.
- November 2 – St.Thomas Aquinas Christmas Craft Fair – this is a juried show has been running for over 25 years. It is a very well established show that always draws quality vendors and a large crowd of shoppers.
- November 14, 15, 16 – Shipyards Christmas Market – the North Shore Green Markets is building on the success of their Friday Night Markets in Shipbuilders square to run a Christmas market in the same location. There will be a skating rink in the square, vendors set up in the building behind the stage, food trucks and more attractions. This is running every weekend from mid-November up until Christmas and I have booked quite a few dates.
- November 21, 22, 23 – West Coast Christmas Show – this is a large show put on annually in Abbotsford that features a mix of different vendors as well as presentations from local chefs. Amongst the many exhibits visitors will find holiday gifts from around the world, jewelry & accessories, toys, specialty foods, condiments, seasonings, candy/sweets along with unique and hard to find gift items both from artisans as well as unique manufacturers.
- November 28 – Shipyards Christmas Market
- November 29, 30 – North Van Holiday Bazaar – taking over from the very successful Delbrook Christmas market that ran for many years. This show being run at Carson Graham high school on the same dates and will feature many of the same vendors that used to go to the Delbrook market.
- December 5, 6, 7 – Shipyards Christmas Market
- December 12, 13, 14 – Shipyards Christmas Market
- December 19, 20, 21 – Shipyards Christmas Market